So I've decided to throw my first real party in the history of my life. A Superbowl party. I'm not the sporty type. However I do love to sit there and watch men yell at a tv, I just find it incredibly funny. So, in light of this, I have to somehow cook. Unlike most women these days, I rather be a very comfortable housewife with a home and a kid or two to look after. I mean that's enough work if you ask me. So anyways, I will share with you the recipies I have decided to concoct and hope for the best. Here they are in no particular order:

Indoor S'mores

8 cups (13-ounce box) graham cracker cereal
6 cups (10-ounce bag) miniature marshmallows, divided use
1 1/2 cups NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels
5 tablespoons butter OR margarine, cut into pieces
1/4 cup light corn syrup, (optional)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Pour cereal into large bowl.
2. Heat 5 cups marshmallows, morsels, butter and corn syrup in medium, heavy-duty saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla extract.
3. Pour marshmallow mixture over cereal; stir until well coated. Stir in remaining marshmallows. Press mixture into prepared pan. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm. Cut into bars.

Makes 24 bars.

Microwave Method: MICROWAVE 5 cups marshmallows, morsels, butter and corn syrup in large, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 2 to 3½ minutes, stirring every minute, until smooth. Stir in vanilla extract. Proceed as above.

----

Mini pigs in a blanket

24 -30 pigs (change servings and units)

* Little Smokies sausages
* crescent rolls
* parmesan cheese
* garlic salt

Directions

1. Preheat oven according to directions on crescent roll package.

2. Unroll but leave intact 2 triangles of crescent rolls.

3. Pinch seam together and cut lengthwise into 5 strips and then cross-wise to make 10 strips.

4. Roll each strip around one sausage and place in baking pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking oil.

5. Sprinkle each pig with parmesan and garlic salt.

6. Bake according to crescent roll package directions.
---

Italian Sausage Cheese Balls

1 pound Italian sausage, casings removed

3 cups biscuit mix

2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese

1. Preheat oven to 375*F (190*C).
2. Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl, much like you would a meat loaf. Mixture will be stiff.
3. Form into 1-inch balls and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
4. Bake for 20 minutes or until well browned. Drain on paper towels and serve warm.

Makes 2 to 3 dozen appetizers.



Well... here's what I'll be using. Wish me Luck!!!

Comments (0)